Below we explain, in clear English, the different ways you can provide data to us, how we use your data, how we keep your data secure, and who we may pass this data onto, in order to process your contracts.
We may collect information about you, your business, and your gas, electricity, and water services in the following manner:
- Over the phone in a conversation with you
- From an email you send us
- Via our website (when you request a quote, or complete a contact form)
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- Information in documents or a contract you send us
- We may request information from your energy supplier (only so we can obtain accurate supply information, required for accurate pricing and to resolve any queries that may arise in the process, and only with a signed Letter of Authority from yourselves)
Information we may collect and hold about you and your business
This can include personal details:
- Contact details (email address, telephone number, mobile number)
- Name and address
- Previous address
- Years at these addresses
- Date of birth
And also include information relating to your business:
- Contact details (email address, telephone number, mobile number, point of contact)
- Business address (including all sites)
- Registered address
- Years trading
- Number of directors
- Company number
- Bank account details
And also information about your gas, electricity and water services and contracts, including:
- Current supplier(s)
- Date your contract(s) end
- Electricity supply details (MPAN, serial number)
- Gas supply details (MPRN, serial number, meter size)
- Water supply details (SPID number, meter size, consumption figures)
- Contracted and ‘out of contract’ prices charged
- Annual consumption details held by your gas/electricity supplier
We may collect information about your visit to our website
Please note this information does not identify you individually, instead it collates statistical data about all visitors to our website.
Why we process your data and the lawful basis for doing so
- To register you as our customer, so we can undertake a contract with you
- To obtain gas, electricity, or water prices for your business as and when you ask us to do so
- To draw up contracts on your behalf from your chosen supplier and process these for you
- To carry out a credit check on your business to ensure it meets with potential suppliers’ accepted criteria
- To enable us to support your business in terms of providing assistance with ongoing contracts (including renewal dates, billing queries, termination notices, meter exchanges)
- To help us improve our website for users
- To help us improve our marketing
- To communicate with you, our customer
Organisations we may share your data with and reasons for doing so
We provide information to third parties, solely for the purpose of processing your gas, electricity, or water contracts:
- Credit reference agencies
We may check with credit reference agencies (eg. Experian) the current credit score of your business or organisation. This is to ascertain which energy suppliers will accept a contract to supply gas, electricity or water services to you.
- Energy suppliers
When you decide on the contract (supplier, term and price) you would like to accept, we send this contract to you to check and sign. When you return the contract, we will send this to your chosen energy supplier so they can fulfil your contract with them. The energy supplier may request further information from us, and we will supply this in line with our Letter of Authority, to ensure your chosen supplier can accept and fulfil the contract.
- Other third parties
We may use third parties to process your contract and gather information from suppliers. Before we do this, we will ask you to sign a Letter of Authority, and this will clearly state any such third party.
How long we will retain your data
We will retain your data as long as you remain a customer of Perfect Clarity. This is so we can deliver our services to you.
Beyond this, we will keep contractual data for as long as necessary. This means we can investigate any query you may have about our service in the past. Without this data, we will not be able to service any such query. Please note, third parties and energy companies may also keep your data for up to 6 years after a contract has ended, to enable them to comply with regulatory and accountancy laws.
Should you prefer us to delete your personal data any earlier, please let us know in writing and we will do so within 30 days.
Should you make an initial enquiry, but not become a customer for any reason, we will ask if you wish to receive our newsletter to keep in touch. If you don’t wish to receive the newsletter, we will remove your personal details and won’t contact you again (unless you contact us in the meantime).
However, should you arrange a new contract with another provider, and ask us to contact you at the end of this new contract (to provide you with options for your next contract), we will keep your details on file, so we can contact you as requested.
If you would like to receive our newsletter, we will add your name and email address to our mailing list and remove all other personal information. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time. Likewise, if you have indicated that you would like to receive our newsletter, either by ticking a box on our website, confirming by email or over the phone, we will add your name and email address to our mailing list.
Security of your data
We are committed to ensuring your information is retained securely, and will only use the data you provide, or authorise us to gather, solely for the reason you provided it to us. This can be for the purposes of securing your business gas, electricity, or water contracts, or for obtaining prices for you. We only provide your data to third parties, solely for the processing of your contracts, and then to the energy supplier you decided to contract with, to supply your gas, electricity, or water service.
We have put in place procedures to secure all information you send us.
Any third parties we use, for example to process your contracts, are required to maintain the security of your data.
We will promptly notify you, our customer, if we become aware of any breach of Data Protection Requirements and will also notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Please note that if we were to sell our business, or terminate our agreements with a third party, your data will be transferred to the new organisation, solely for the purposes of servicing the existing contracts that are in place. Should such an event arise, we will explain this in writing to all our customers.
Access to information
You may request details of any personal data we hold about you under the Data Protection Act. Please put such requests in writing and we will reply within 30 days. We will not charge for such information, unless your requests are repeated and unreasonable. In such circumstances, we will explain why.
If you believe any information we hold about your is incorrect or out of date, please let us know in writing as soon as possible. We will promptly update our records accordingly.
You can ask us to unsubscribe you from any email communications such as our newsletter, at any time. There will be a clear link on the newsletter for you to do so.
Removal of your data
You can ask us to delete your personal data from our system at any time. Please note, if you are currently a customer of Perfect Clarity, this will impede our ability to provide our service to you, and we will advise you of such and confirm you still want us to delete your data. We will comply with all such requests within 30 days of your request.